Gamer headset Review: Hyperx cloud 2 review
The large ear cups and the telescopic frame of the HyperX Cloud 2 gaming headset are quite comfortable. Let us not forget that this model was designed for gamers. The sound quality is excellent and the detachable microphone allows you to have a clear and clean voice. Moreover, this versatile headphone comes under $100 which makes it a very good value for money.
Our Unbiased Review
- Sober and discreet design
- Very good value for money
- Headphone and microphone sound +++
- Flexible detachable microphone
- Great versatility of use
- Single 3.5 jack for sound output and input (no separation)
- A total weight of 350 G
HyperX Cloud II headphones have become, over time, a benchmark in gaming so we decided to have a Hyperx cloud 2 review for you. It is a wired headset provided with an audio control unit connected via USB.
If you are passionate about video games on all types of consoles (portable or living room) and on PC/MAC but you like to listen to audiobooks or music in your room or at the home exterior, the HyperX Cloud 2 wired gaming headset and its great versatility of use is just perfect!
In this review, I will quickly explain to you why this gaming headset has been chosen so much in the TOP gaming headphones. Moreover, we will perform the unboxing of content creators since its release:
- It has a very good quality removable microphone with noise cancellation, automatic gain control, and echo cancellation.
- Regarding the sound, Cloud II has the possibility via a button to generate a virtual 7.1 surround that provides dimensional and spatial rendering, perfect for games such as FPS.
- For the comfort part, the HyperX Cloud II has 100% comfortable foam pads. You can leave it on your ears all day without problems.
- It is multi-platform compatible (PC, Mac, Consoles) and it weighs 350 grams, but once on the head you forget it quickly!
- Model: Adjustable headband (telescopic frame)
- Type: Closed headphone (with side aluminum plate)
- Sound reproduction: 2.0 (stereo) or 7.1 surround on activation
- Type of pads: Circum-aural
- Active noise reduction system: No
- Audio interface type: 3.5 mm jack (headphones & microphone)
- Microphone type: Flexible and detachable
- Weight (with cord and batteries): 350 g
- Foldable: No
- Manufacturer warranty: 1 year
First positive point: The packaging
The exterior of the packaging is classic with a description of the headphone and its technical characteristics. However, inside, we end up with a box worthy of premium video game collector boxes with a rigid matte box (black for the model I tested, but available in other colors like white for other versions).
Stamped with the classy HyperX logo. Inside the case, a small word of thanks engraved with a signature of the management of the brand. In short, a beautiful object that can even take pride of place on a shelf for decoration.
Different elements of protective padding is very well protected with good quality foam. As follows, that guarantees optimal protection of the HyperX Cloud 2 headphone.
HyperX Cloud 2 review: THE SOUND OF HYPERX
The sound of headphones is a primary criterion, hereby activating 7.1. Surround the USB remote control, the sound is very well reproduced which is very useful in games where you need good directional sound.
We have not yet addressed it in this review, but this gaming headset for less than $100. Furthermore, it offers stereo sound and also a 7.1 surround mode of excellent quality on activation of the manual control unit.
Immersion in current video games is greatly strengthened and this gaming headset can, therefore, be used by amateurs as well as e-sport professionals.
All the sound levels of the headphones sound very well rendered (bass, treble, and medium) without saturation or external noise. It is an excellent quality/price ratio.
- The USB control unit has an integrated sound card (Digital Signal Processing), which amplifies your audio.
- Besides, in the HyperX Cloud 2 review, we found it is equipped with 53 mm Hi-Fi drivers ensuring supreme audio quality and total immersion in games.
- We will add that it is closed headphones, which provide good insulation and passive noise reduction for better listening comfort.
HyperX Cloud 2 review: CLOUD II MICROPHONE
The Cloud II microphone is removable, it plugs directly into the headphones with its jack. It is a very flexible microphone, easy to place right in front of your mouth.
This is also one of the strong points of this headset, in addition to offering a detachable (removable) microphone to transform your gaming headset into an outdoor headset; the quality of the microphone’s rendering is really good.
Of course, you are not going to record a studio album with this microphone, but whether for in-game communication or live streaming sessions, your voice will be perfectly transcribed without saturation or surrounding noise.
- Thanks to the remote control unit and its sound card, the microphone gains noise cancellation, automatic gain control, and echo cancellation.
- It allows you to have a clear and clean voice (no need to scream to be heard).
- The microphone has a foam ball that helps reduce breaths, which can annoy the person listening to you.
COMFORT & QUALITY
In terms of comfort, the headphone is well adjusted with its metal hoop covered with foam. Thus, making it likable for the head. Once installed, you feel it more. Sober design, quality materials, and finish
In terms of design, materials selected for the preparation and detail of the finishes, the HyperX Cloud 2 wired gaming headset is a very fine quality object.
I will not go so far as to say that it is a luxury or premium item because it is still a mid-range headphone for less than $100. However, the general rendering and the resistance of the headphone on a “classic” use (at home) is quite correct.
The Cloud 2 series incorporates the sober and refined design of the brand’s original model by providing 3 different color variations (see photo). Also, Remarkable finishing on the frame of the headphone. Also, the protective shells of the headphone (closed) in aluminum give a clean and stylish look more effectively.
Without revolutionizing the design of gamer headphones or out-doors, the sober and discreet side gives it good versatility. You can use this headset in front of your desktop computer as well as in the street connected to your smartphone to listen to your music.
Note that no headphone holder is present in the box, so remember to store your headphone properly to avoid stepping on it or losing it when you are not using it. The Cloud 2 may be resistant, it will not hold the shock if you accidentally crush it.
- Foams for the ears are shaped perfectly which gives a very good feeling. Likewise, they perfectly encompass the ears.
- Besides, the pack includes interchangeable ear cups; the first pair is in imitation leather and the second in fabric for better ventilation.
- The quality level of materials, we are on solid. The HyperX Cloud 2 review states it does not have “cheap” plastic, but rather a metal structure resistant over time. Fortunately, the brand gives a guarantee of 2 years.
Finally, we end our HyperX Cloud 2 review and found out its amazing multi-purpose headphones. If you have any queries feel free to ask us in the comment section.